Is your business compliant with the CCPA? If it isn’t, then that’s something that you might want to consider changing. But, only if you’re a Californian business, or at least one that does business in and/or with California.
That is essentially what you need to be in order to be affected by the CCPA. Specifically, you need to:
- Have an annual revenue of over $25 million,
- Collect, buy, or sell the personal data of over 50,000 California residents.
- Derive 50% of your annual revenue or more from selling the personal data of California residents.
If you fit into those categories, then you have to comply with the rules set by the CCPA.
Don’t look at this as bad news. Complying doesn’t have to be overly complicated. You just have to follow some pretty basic steps.
Here are some tips on what you need to do in order to comply with the CCPA:
This is one of the most basic steps that every single company should take. You have to establish a clear picture of how your business collects, shares, and/or sells personal information.
- Knowing what specific personal information is being collected, shared, and sold, as well as why your business is doing it.
- Request that the collected personal information be deleted.
- Opt-out from having personal information sold.
Inform Customers the Moment You Collect
Your business needs to inform customers about them collecting data the moment they do so. What exactly do you need to share with your customers? Well, you should tell them about:
- The sort of personal data that your business collects. This can be your customers’ name, alias, home address, passport number, and so on.
- Why you are collecting their data
- How there is a link that gives customers the chance to prevent you from selling their data.
Create a CCPA Request Form
Well, what you need to do is create a request form. If a California resident cannot find the answer to their question, then you have to find a way to give them that answer. That is their right under the CCPA.
Have At Least Two Methods for Submitting Requests
The CCPA requires businesses to have at least two methods for submitting requests. One can be via your business’ website or any other type of page you own. The other can be via phone.
You should include your phone number on your privacy statement page. Try to make it seem like you care about their problem and want to help in solving it. That’s also very important.
Keep Your Customer Data Secure
Your customers will be worried about their data not being safe under your hands. You want something like that to be erased from their minds.
That’s why you need to use BitLocker to encrypt that data. With BitLocker’s safe and fast encryption, no harm will ever come to that data.
And, thanks to BitTruster being an incredibly useful management system, you won’t have to worry about wasting your time managing data or your money doing it.
Compliance is the Road of Success
Staying compliant with the CCPA is the best road towards success. Why risk the consequences when you can adapt to something that will benefit you in the long run?
That’s right! The CCPA can benefit you in a number of ways. Find out more about that by clicking here and see how you can have both your success and safety to be assured.